As many companies have embraced telework practices during the COVID pandemic it has created a different set of challenges for those who have traditionally worked inside of an office setting. USSI’s very own Team Lead, Raleigh Phillips, addresses some of the challenges employees face while working remote In the travel nursing industry and offers some solutions to help.
- Poor Time Management
- Distractions / Interruptions
- Working too much – When your personal life and your work are both under the same roof sometimes it harder to switch off between both
- Loneliness / Lack of Human Interaction
- Communication Issues/Team Communication or Being left out of the Loop
- Technology Issues
- Bad Health Habits
- Taking Vacation Time
- Staying motivated
- Create to do lists and create goals each day / week
- Crucial to create your own workspace in which you can work, peacefully, away from distractions from any type TV, social media, video games etc! Keep consistent work hours.
- Limit the number at home tasks or chores you do each day.
- Create physical boundaries between you and your workspace – UNPLUG
- Talk to Friends and Family! Include Social breaks going out for lunch with co-workers or friends
- Use Teams / Don’t be afraid to pick up the phone and call management, AMs, payroll, other recruiters, and compliance. SPEAK UP.
- Call IT for Technology Issues!
- Sit up Straight with good posture / keep a balanced died, join company workout’s, exercise, take breaks, get some sun!
- If you are feeling like you need time off. Don’t be afraid to use PTO!
- Find out what motivates you / works for you in this industry and make some money!!