Can you believe it’s almost flu season again? Neither can we! We here at USSI are taking a proactive approach to ensure that our employees are well protected against the flu. We highly encourage our employees to receive the flu vaccine.
There are several options to obtain the flu vaccine:
- Check with facility where you are currently working to see if they offer the vaccine to Travelers.
- Go to the pharmacy of your choice (e.g. Walgreens, CVS) to have the vaccine administered. Fees may vary
- Speak with a Compliance Specialist at USSI to set you up to have the vaccine administered at one of our clinics.
Certain hospitals that we are contracted with require nurses to receive the vaccine during flu season, these hospitals do not accept flu declination. (Check with your Compliance Specialist for details). If you are or will be working at a facility that accepts declinations and you do not wish to receive the flu vaccine, please inform your Compliance Specialist and they will send you a declination form to sign via DocuSign.
**Please note that if you decline the flu vaccine the hospital may require you to wear a mask on every shift and for the duration of your contract.
Reasons to get the flu vaccine:
- Influenza is a serious disease that can lead to hospitalization and sometimes even death
- Being vaccinated will reduce your chances of contracting certain strains of the virus as every flu season is different and infections affect people differently.
- Getting vaccinated also protects people around you, including those who are more vulnerable to serious flu illness, like babies and young children, older people, and people with certain chronic health conditions.
Did you know there are more than one type of flu shot available?
- A recombinant trivalent shot that is egg-free, approved for people 18 years and older.
- A high-dose trivalent shot, approved for people 65 and older.
For more information please visit the link below: